The Foundation Programme (short: FP) at KMC Berlin offers you the opportunity to systematically study and meditation on the essential issues of a modern, contemporary Buddhism. It is based on six study texts of Ven. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche. Students enrol for one book or topic. The teaching focuses on the practical application of Buddha's teachings.
This enables participants to apply and experience the teachings in their own lives. The lessons consist of instructions, meditations and discussions.
Current study text
Foundation Program on Wednesday | 17.00 – 19.00 Uhr und 19.45 – 21.45 o'clock | mit Gen Kelsang Ananda
Meaningful to Behold Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche von | comment on Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life by Shantideva
What Studientexte there
- Joyful Path, an explanation of the stages of the path to enlightenment (Lamrim)
- Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness, an explanation of training the mind (Lojong) and a commentary on Geshe Chekhawa's Training the Mind in Seven Points and Geshe Langri Tangpa Eight Verses of Training the Mind
- The new Heart of Wisdom, a commentary on the Herz-Sutra
- How do we understand the spirit. The nature and power of the Spirit.
All these texts can in Tharpa Publications related.
Gen Ananda is a German Buddhist monk and longtime student of Ven. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche and teaches the basics- and teacher training program on Wednesday. since 2003 he is a teacher at the Kadampa Meditation Center Berlin and the national spiritual director of the New Kadampa Tradition for Germany, Romania and Slovenia. He has many years of experience in, to teach Buddha's teachings of Sutra and Tantra, and studies and exercises itself for over twenty years under the guidance of his spiritual teacher Geshe-la. Gen Ananda is for his good heart, his deep, practical understanding and its accessibility known.
You can in the basic program three times free to participate as a guest student or a guest student, before you enroll to participate.
Enrollment is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- or the study of each book. Studienabschnitts abzuschließen
- An jeder Unterrichtseinheit teilzunehmen (or. to hear as a remote student)
- Die zusammengefasste Bedeutung des Textes auswendig zu lernen
- Sich auf die abschließende Prüfung vorzubereiten und an ihr teilzunehmen
Enrolment on the program coordinator on site or on email@example.com
Rewriting any time. There are no previous knowledge required. Participation also possible after consultation distance learning. The tuition fee is 60 € per month for the academic program and is in the Zentrumskarte – find out more about it on our website., the flat rate entitles you to attend other events.