- Wednesday | Course in German
- 17:00 - 21:45 o'clock
- Kadampa Meditationszentrum Berlin
- 60€ per month, with the Zentrumskarte plus free
- Gen Ananda , or substitute teacher
Become a friend of the world!
This course is about getting to know the depths ... and contemplating Shantideva's "Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life" and the commentary "Meaningful to Behold" by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche.
"Nowadays, in a world in turmoil, there is a particular need, that Westerners cultivate bodhichitta. If we want to get through this dangerous time, real Bodhisattvas must appear in today's world. " From: Meaningful to Behold.
The textbook: "Meaningful to Behold" by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche
"This text is the heart essence of all Sugatas (Buddhas) of the three times and the unsurpassed practice of the great sons of the conquerors (Bodhisattvas). He explains clearly the spirit of bodhichitta, which is being developed by exchanging self with others - the foundation of the life of a Bodhisattva. He also explains the benefits of this Mahayana mind, the way we should preserve this spirit , pursuing the big waves of the six perfections, once bodhichitta has been cultivated. As a large collection of the paths of the Mahayana tradition he is worthy of getting a lot of flowers, full of praise for recognition. " (Vajradhara Trijang Rinpoche.)
"Meaningful to Behold" is a highly acclaimed work, based on the famous poem by the great Indian Buddhist master Shantideva, the Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life. The guide is one of the most important and popular texts of Mahayana Buddhism; he reveals deep spiritual insight and poetic beauty, how to enter the Buddhist path to enlightenment, progresses it and completed it.
Shortly after his arrival at Manjushri Kadampa Meditation Center in England 1977 and at the request of his spiritual master Vajradhara Trijang Rinpoche gab der Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche Verse by verse an extensive commentary on Shantideva's Guide. For three months he was twice-daily briefings, in which he revealed the full strength and depth of the Guide; he pointed to practical and inspiring way, how in the midst of a modern, busy everyday life may follow the path of a bodhisattva - someone, dedicates his or her life to the compassion of the attainment of enlightenment.
These early teachings were then to consider the book useful, the first of 22 books, the Ven. Geshe-la published over time.
The Foundation Programme
The Foundation Program at KMC Germany offers you the opportunity to systematically study and meditation on the key issues of modern Buddhism. It is based on six study texts of Ven. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche. Students enrol for one book or topic. The teaching focuses on the practical application of Buddha's teachings.
The emphasis in class is on, to gain practical experience in the Buddha's teachings, so you can apply them in your daily life. The lessons consist of instructions, meditations and discussions.
The current study book Meaningful to Behold, a commentary on Shantideva's Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life. Another study books:
- Joyful Path, an explanation of the stages of the path to enlightenment (Lamrim)
- Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness, an explanation of training the mind (Lojong) and commentary on Geshe Chekhawa Training the Mind in Seven Points Geshe and Langri Tangpa Eight Verses of Training the Mind
- The new Heart of Wisdom, a commentary on the Heart Sutra
- How do we understand the spirit. The nature and power of the Spirit.
All these texts can in Tharpa Publications related.
You can in the basic program three times free to participate as a guest student or a guest student, before you enroll to participate.
Enrollment is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- or the study of each book. Studienabschnitts abzuschließen
- An jeder Unterrichtseinheit teilzunehmen (or. to hear as a remote student)
- Die zusammengefasste Bedeutung des Textes auswendig zu lernen
- Sich auf die abschließende Prüfung vorzubereiten und an ihr teilzunehmen
Enrolment on the program coordinator on site or on firstname.lastname@example.org
Rewriting any time. There are no previous knowledge required. Participation also possible after consultation distance learning.
The tuition fee is 60 € per month for the academic program and is in the Zentrumskarte – find out more about it on our website., the flat rate entitles you to attend other events.
- Kadampa Meditationszentrum Berlin
- Chausseestr. 108, 10115 -Berlin Mitte
Location: U6 Naturkundemuseum / S1, S2, S25 Nordbahnhof / Tram M5, M8, M1, 12 / Bus 247 – Chauseestr. 108, 10115 Berlin
- Other events at this place